The Walnut Grove R-V School District is proud to announce that the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has designated Walnut Grove High School as an A+ School. Walnut Grove School District would like to thank all the community members, parents, students, and faculty for their efforts in making the A+ program possible. If you have any questions regarding A Plus, you can contact Mrs. Walker at 788-2543 or email her at email@example.com
The 3 primary goals of the A+ Schools Program are:
1) To ensure that all students graduate from high school.
2) To ensure that all students complete a selection of high school studies that is challenging and has identified learning expectations.
3) To ensure that all students proceed from high school graduation to a college, a post-secondary vocational-technical school or a high wage job with work place skill development opportunities.
(Adopted August 24 ,2009 by the Walnut Grove R-V School District Board of Education)
A+ Schools Program eligibility requirements are:
- Enter into an A+ Schools agreement prior to graduation.
- Attend a designated A+ School for three consecutive years prior to graduation.
- Graduate with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Maintain at least a 95% high school attendance record.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring of younger students.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and or alcohol.
- File the FAFSA (Federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Register for Selective Service if male and 18 years old before graduation.
- Attend a Missouri public community college or post-secondary vocational or technical school on a full-time basis and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
A+ Schools Agreement Form
A+ Schools Attendance Policy
A+ Schools Citizenship Policy
A+ Schools Tutoring Handbook
A+ Personal Plan of Study
A+ Career Planner
A+ Competency Mastery Goals
Missouri Community Colleges and State Technical Colleges